Young age does not necessarily mean that you cannot be a leader. See here ten ways in which young people can build their leadership skills through time:
1. Prepare before you engage the work market
- When in college, you can actively participate in leadership organizations to already exercise your leadership abilities.
2. Read ahead
- Research and read about what it takes to be a good leader according to different authors.
3. Evaluate if the organization is right for you
- Knowing the company culture of the companies you want to apply to is very important. This will be a great differential once it comes to fitting into the company.
4. Always be prepared to learn
- Remember that you will always learn new things even as you get older, and now at a young age this is not an exception.
5. Know your strong points
- This is key as it will guide you to the area in which you can work well in and thrive!
6. Always lend a helping hand
- Always offer to assist tose around you.
7. Work and play by the rules of the game
- Be honest, integral and have a strong character. This is essential to growing the leader inside you.
- Get to know others as well as get others to know you!
9. Recognize others work
- Give credit to those who have done their respective tasks. Recognize their efforts.
10. Network with superiors and create a mentoring relationship
- Become visible to thos hierachically above and establish a mentoring relationship with superios with whom you have a strong affinity.
Based on: Forbes